Basketball Victoria is implementing a new registration platform – PlayHQ, a system that is purpose built for basketball, by basketball. This system will be implemented across ALL Basketball Victoria sanctioned competitions, including all K&MDBA competitions.
The PlayHQ system will be implemented for our Winter 2020 competitions, meaning ALL players must register with the new system prior to the commencement of the new season.
Please see below for PlayHQ information via Basketball Victoria:
Reasons for this change include:
• The need for a modern, user-friendly and reliable system
• A system to help with a new state-wide individual registration process
• Adherence to new data and privacy legislation • To assist with a better understanding of participants
• To provide clubs, associations and participants with a personalised and better experience
Change in fee structure
Currently, players in Metropolitan Melbourne pay for their Basketball Victoria affiliation fees indirectly via team or club fees, of which a component is passed on via the club (if applicable) and/or association to Basketball Victoria. Country associations currently register individually. For anyone registering to a season commencing in 2020 – the fee will be paid directly to Basketball Victoria at the point of registration to a competition season at your club or association. This results in a more transparent and affordable fee structure as participants will only need to pay once when they register per 365-day period, irrespective of how many teams or associations they play in – all in the one PlayHQ profile.
The individual Basketball Victoria affiliation/licence are as follows (when registering to any 2020 season):
• $25p.p – Child / Junior (17 and under)
• $39p.p – Adult / Senior (18 or over)
The process to register is very simple, just set up a PlayHQ profile and complete your registration via the link provided on your club/association website or by visiting PlayHQ.com.
Basketball Victoria Affiliation
For participants, affiliation with Basketball Victoria includes:
• Personal Player/Accident insurance • Affiliation with Basketball Victoria and Basketball Australia
• Opportunity to participate in all Basketball Victoria sanctioned leagues, events and competitions
• Opportunity to participate in education, training, seminars, courses & clinics
• Participation and eligibility for state team / development programs
• Ability to manage their own basketball experience
• Commercial partner benefits
Associations and/or clubs affiliated with Basketball Victoria receive:
• Insurance cover – Professional Indemnity, Public Liability, Management & Cyber Liability insurance
• Administrative, governance, legal, strategic, technical and digital support for member associations
• Provision of a tribunal system across Victoria
• Provision of and accreditation for referees for competitions
• Coach education and accreditation
• Management of the VJBL, Big V and NBL1 Leagues
• Government relations and facilities growth/management.
• Inclusion programs and events
• State – high performance pathways
• Marketing & Communications support (for member associations)
Cobra Hamish MacDonald is college-bound, signing with Baker University in Kansas, USA. MacDonald – an SEBC Saints junior – enjoyed an impressive 2019 and start to 2020 on court, helping lead the VYC Cobra Men to a postseason appearance last season and the U21 Cobras to the Eltham-Dandenong Tournament championship in January. The
Cobra Hamish MacDonald is college-bound, signing with Baker University in Kansas, USA. MacDonald, an SEBC Saints junior, enjoyed an impressive 2019 and start to 2020 on court, helping lead the VYC Cobra Men to a postseason appearance last season and the U21 Cobras to the Eltham-Dandenong Tournament championship in January. The athletic, versatile
As per the Victorian Government’s announcement today (July 7), all Kilsyth Basketball competitions and programs will be suspended until further notice as of 11:59pm July 8. We will provide additional updates as they become available. In the meantime, be sure to re-visit our Cobra Class home workouts to keep you in shape over