Basketball Victoria is implementing a new registration platform – PlayHQ, a system that is purpose built for basketball, by basketball. This system will be implemented across ALL Basketball Victoria sanctioned competitions, including all K&MDBA competitions.
The PlayHQ system will be implemented for our Winter 2020 competitions, meaning ALL players must register with the new system prior to the commencement of the new season.
Please see below for PlayHQ information via Basketball Victoria:
Reasons for this change include:
• The need for a modern, user-friendly and reliable system
• A system to help with a new state-wide individual registration process
• Adherence to new data and privacy legislation • To assist with a better understanding of participants
• To provide clubs, associations and participants with a personalised and better experience
Change in fee structure
Currently, players in Metropolitan Melbourne pay for their Basketball Victoria affiliation fees indirectly via team or club fees, of which a component is passed on via the club (if applicable) and/or association to Basketball Victoria. Country associations currently register individually. For anyone registering to a season commencing in 2020 – the fee will be paid directly to Basketball Victoria at the point of registration to a competition season at your club or association. This results in a more transparent and affordable fee structure as participants will only need to pay once when they register per 365-day period, irrespective of how many teams or associations they play in – all in the one PlayHQ profile.
The individual Basketball Victoria affiliation/licence are as follows (when registering to any 2020 season):
• $25p.p – Child / Junior (17 and under)
• $39p.p – Adult / Senior (18 or over)
The process to register is very simple, just set up a PlayHQ profile and complete your registration via the link provided on your club/association website or by visiting PlayHQ.com.
Basketball Victoria Affiliation
For participants, affiliation with Basketball Victoria includes:
• Personal Player/Accident insurance • Affiliation with Basketball Victoria and Basketball Australia
• Opportunity to participate in all Basketball Victoria sanctioned leagues, events and competitions
• Opportunity to participate in education, training, seminars, courses & clinics
• Participation and eligibility for state team / development programs
• Ability to manage their own basketball experience
• Commercial partner benefits
Associations and/or clubs affiliated with Basketball Victoria receive:
• Insurance cover – Professional Indemnity, Public Liability, Management & Cyber Liability insurance
• Administrative, governance, legal, strategic, technical and digital support for member associations
• Provision of a tribunal system across Victoria
• Provision of and accreditation for referees for competitions
• Coach education and accreditation
• Management of the VJBL, Big V and NBL1 Leagues
• Government relations and facilities growth/management.
• Inclusion programs and events
• State – high performance pathways
• Marketing & Communications support (for member associations)
Senior Domestic competition dates for the Summer 2020-21 season have been released. The Senior Domestic Summer 2020-21 season will tip-off on Sunday November 29, with three rounds to be played prior to the Christmas/New Year break. Action is set to resume in the new year on Sunday January 10, 2021, with Grand Final week
KILSYTH BASKETBALL COMMUNICATION RELEASE Date: 10th November 2020 Communication Number: 1 To: All Kilsyth Basketball Senior Domestic Teams From: Kilsyth Basketball Commission OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION TO THE SENIOR BASKETBALL TEAMS All Senior Basketball Teams The Victorian Government’s latest announcements on Sunday 8th November 2020, made it “unclear” as to when Indoor Basketball will return.